breed and gender help

Umm she has no Silkies traits other that her little poof
genetics is a very complicated thing. again there does not have to be any silkies present for her to have silkie in her. you really need a somewhat understanding of genitics when it comes to chicken colors, breeds, traits, what genes are dominate and which genes are not.

these 2 are first generation silkie mixes
900x900px-LL-ebcaa3b3_0124.jpeg

this is a 2nd generation silkie/d'uccle mix hince then feathered legs. i also have another 2nd generation silkie/oegb that does not have feathered legs and these 2nd generation mixes do not have 5 toes but they either do or do not have crest and they do have black skin and they do have beards
582214_799939253781_1284520987_n.jpg

Last edited:
what will make her that ee is the color of her eggs but with ee's those colors can vary from an color over the rainbow hince why they are called ee's. an EE is any chicken that carries the blue egg laying gene but does not meet the APA standard of perfection for an amerauacna or arucana.

here take a look at this thread it has nothing but silkie mixes of all sorts. see how your hen closely resembles a lot of these mixes in face, skin color, crest, and even body shape

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/506832/silkie-cross-thread-pics

you say your young (im guessing about 13 based off of your user name) take these post as learning experience and learn from them. you remind me a lot of my 2 little sisters who are around the same age.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom