breed and gender help

It's the breed that determines the type of comb. You can tell the three are roosters by their coloration and the long, slender, pointy saddle and hackle feathers.

cochin cockerel with ee rooster beside it

rosecomb pullet

what breed and gender are these two above??

what genderare these
easter egger cockerel
ee pullet
a mixed pullet with an ee cockerel behind it
ee cockerel

yes i am 3,000% sure on their genders due to coloring, saddle feather, and hackle feather development

Last edited:
It looks like EE but with some Silkie blood in it. You know EE are mixes who lay green, blue or brown eggs. They can be mixed with anything.

#3 is an EE, an EE is a mixed breed that carries the blue egg gene, even if it isnt visible. She definately has some silkie

Last edited:
No she doesn't the guy I bought her from had no Silkies.
She has blackish skin color and a poof on her head...that is why everyone is saying she is part silkie. Personally, I would tend to agree with them but maybe a better picture of her whole body would help determine for sure. How many toes does she have? Does she have feathered legs or clean legs? What color are her legs?

5d24f63e_xoespictures020.jpeg

i would say she has some silkie somewheres in her background. there are very few breeds with black skin and only one that i can think of with a crest, black skin, and a beard and that's a silkie. even if they guy didn't have some silkies someone in his flock it appears is caring silkie genes. genetics is very complicated when it comes to chickens but black skin is a dominate trait and most of my 2nd generation silkie mixes have black skin all have crest some lack the 5th toe while others have it and even the combs are different with most having single combs

Back
Top Bottom