Breed and gender?

coryleslie

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2022
Okay, so my mom had four hens and a rooster. You all helped identify them as backyard mixes. On Oct 7, my mom also bought chicks at a local feedstore. I'm not sure how old they were, but I took the attached pic (see babies). The older pics are from today. I called the feed store and they don't remember what they were selling that date, but they regularly carry Barred Rock Plymouth, Rhode Island Reds, Americana, and Buff Orpington. There was a 95% chance of these both being pullets. Were they right? And can you tell what breed? I think one is an Americana, but I'm still too new at this to be sure. The one with the skunk coloring is Pepe and the yellow, chatty one is Peep.

babies.jpeg
peep.jpeg
pepe.jpeg

Okay, so my mom had four hens and a rooster. You all helped identify them as backyard mixes. On Oct 7, my mom also bought chicks at a local feedstore. I'm not sure how old they were, but I took the attached pic (see babies). The older pics are from today. I called the feed store and they don't remember what they were selling that date, but they regularly carry Barred Rock Plymouth, Rhode Island Reds, Americana, and Buff Orpington. There was a 95% chance of these both being pullets. Were they right? And can you tell what breed? I think one is an Americana, but I'm still too new at this to be sure. The one with the skunk coloring is Pepe and the yellow, chatty one is Peep.

View attachment 3311483View attachment 3311487View attachment 3311488
Rhode Island Red and an Americana or EE , both pullets

They are both pullets and there is a rhode island red and probably a Easter egger, most feed stores dont sell pure americaunas.

probably a Easter egger, most feed stores dont sell pure americaunas.
Not 'probably.'
Is. It is an Easter Egger.

Difference between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas! With Review. (Optional)

Difference between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas! With Review. (Optional)

Intro = = = = = = = = = = = 🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔 @TheOddOneOut is the only other person who I have seen touch on this subject. A link to her thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...hink-you-have-an-ameraucana-do-check.1421663/ She goes through all the basics. I wanted to go a bit...

Back
Top Bottom