Breed and gender?

lol I dont want a ROO! Or should I say I wouldnt mind a roo, but my neighbors sure would!

I can't tell how big/tall she is from the pics.

Based on how plump that chicken is and the size of her comb, she's either a full grown (at least 19-20 weeks of age) hen, or a young Cornish Cross male. There are no pointed saddle or sickle feathers, so either it's too young to have them or is a mature female.

If this chicken acts like your other chickens and enjoys free-ranging and is as active or almost as active as they are, then you've most likely got a White Plymouth Rock hen. If if is extremely lazy, eats a lot more than the others and is too heavy to roost, then you've got a young Cornish rock roo.

Compared to my other chickens, this one is heavy and very solid. Its a " low rider" lol...kids call it that because it has really thick short legs.

Oh, and it came from a home where they didnt have a coop ( silly people ), guess these chickens just ran around wherever. Ive only had it a few hours, but it seems to lay down a lot.

Quote:
She looks about the size of my White Rock hens, and they are 19 weeks old wed. Is she laying yet Mine still are not, but they are close. Their combs and wattles are nice and red now, except 1 who is still more pinky. They are really nice hens, glad you didn't get a rooster, I have 3 I call them The white devils..........
Here is 2 so you can see this is a hen if it's a white rock, the roo's combs and wattles are huge by this age
81831_blbeardsuzie2devils.jpg

heres the girls
81831_whiterockhens.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking you guys have it on that whole CornishX thing. This birds feet are HUGE too. But ya really think its a rooster eh?
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom