Breed and hen or roo?

mandykern10

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2017
Valmy, NV
My 4 year old son picked out 2 Bantams when we got chickens this spring. They are both pretty much the same size except one had a darker crown coming in and while the crown is the same size as the other one, it is much lighter than the other. The darker combed one is also a little more feisty than the other. I'm starting suspect too. I couldn't get great pics but they are attached. I would also like to know what kind of bantam they are. I've heard the darker crowned one make a strange, louder noise that the other chickens don't do. I'm guessing they are all about 16 or so weeks old.
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

My 4 year old son picked out 2 Bantams when we got chickens this spring. They are both pretty much the same size except one had a darker crown coming in and while the crown is the same size as the other one, it is much lighter than the other. The darker combed one is also a little more feisty than the other. I'm starting suspect too. I couldn't get great pics but they are attached. I would also like to know what kind of bantam they are. I've heard the darker crowned one make a strange, louder noise that the other chickens don't do. I'm guessing they are all about 16 or so weeks old.
[/URL]
Right looks like a cock and left looks like a pullet. Do you have any close pictures of the two? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom