Breed and sex

Agreed. You'll need to figure something out for her or for all the cockerels before they kill her from overbreeding.
Agreed. I'm not trying to be harsh, but she needs to be separated right now. I'm surprised they haven't been harassing her yet as they're pretty mature. She will need some female companions too ASAP, but her safety comes before that aspect.

Agreed. I'm not trying to be harsh, but she needs to be separated right now. I'm surprised they haven't been harassing her yet as they're pretty mature. She will need some female companions too ASAP, but her safety comes before that aspect.
We had to separate her because we noticed them trying to mount her and peck at her head. We sold all our roosters to a pet store today. Now I’m stressing about getting hens.

We had to separate her because we noticed them trying to mount her and peck at her head. We sold all our roosters to a pet store today. Now I’m stressing about getting hens.
You did the right thing. It definitely is stressful though, I get it. You do not want to introduce disease, but she also needs a friend ASAP.

I recommend buying an autosexing breed, so you do not get anymore males. OR get a bird older than 6 weeks and have us (BYC) sex them for you. Keep in mind that it will be a really good idea to isolate new birds for a month to prevent diseases.

Back
Top Bottom