Breed... Asians?

ObviouslyLost

Hatching
Mar 11, 2015
Georgia
Tractor supply had these little ones identified as "Asians". Can anyone tell me what the actual breed would be, because I cant seem to find anything on them... and the search results when googling are comical... The one in pic 1 and 2's legs are also black and it has a bit of white under its belly and bottom.

As unbelievable as it may seem, maybe the folks at TSC don't know what they are selling :). "Asiatic" is a class of large sized chickens and is made up of the Cochins, Brahmas, and Langshans. Are there any small feathers on its legs and feet?

Does the first one have feathered feet? If not, it may be a Black Sex-Link. The other one is likely a Black Australorp.

As unbelievable as it may seem, maybe the folks at TSC don't know what they are selling :). "Asiatic" is a class of large sized chickens and is made up of the Cochins, Brahmas, and Langshans. Are there any small feathers on its legs and feet?
Yeah. I can understand that for sure. lol. I actually didnt get much help from them, other than letting me in the cage to get them. They do not have any feathers on their legs or feet as far as I can see. I can upload pictures if you want though. Thanks for the help. :)

The lighter one is an Australorp, I'm not 100% sure on the darker one though.
Hahaha I hear ya! That seems to be the case at most feed stores lol!
wink.png
Thanks for the help. I actually went back to the store to get some black australorps, but they apparently "ran out". Looks like they may have moved them to another bin? lol.

Are they bantams? They kinda look like Gray Japanese, which may explain why they were called "Asians."
I dont think so, but there's no telling. The sign they had up said that they were good egg layers and lay medium to large brown eggs. I can even upload a picture of the sign if you guys want? haha. I have to head back up there tomorrow.

Chick from Pic 1, and an impressive photobomb from one of the Production Reds that we bought. (If that's what they even are... #ThanksTractorSupply)
Legs with no feathers and yellowish underbelly. You can also see a bit of the same yellow on the tip of the wings.

Chick from Pic 2, nomming with one of the Prod Reds.

Back
Top Bottom