BREED CHECK please and sex guesses...

I got a BLRW as my McMurray free chick, and I’m almost 100% sure he’s a cockerel. I’ll keep him though because he’s so pretty and I have the space, just don’t know if I have enough hens for 3-4 roosters. :(
We are about to have 3 coops and runs!! We built an 8x8 coop, building a 4x8 coop for out bantams and then another coop for males. Issue is we vary from 14 weeks down To about 1 week in ages so i have to build the rooster area before i know how many i actually have 🤦‍♀️ We dont want breeding

I s

Why no breeding? Just being curious:)
We literaly just started this journey april 1st. It was supposed to be 3 chickens and qe are now at 53. We want to learn more and then maybe have chicks, but we qant the males separated so they dont bother the ladies. If Bob wasnt a male we wouldnt worry about it, but we love bob!!!!! He is so sweet and will be so pretty. Ant bob too, but he isnt as nice. Lol

Thank you. They are zip ties and we check them every 3 days!!!
I use the extra large legbands from Amazon. And I only use them on chickens of the same breed that I can't tell apart! Most of mine are unbranded now. Did you get the chickens for egg production or are you planning on letting them go broody and raising more for you?

chicken legbands.jpg

I use the extra large legbands from Amazon. And I only use them on chickens of the same breed that I can't tell apart! Most of mine are unbranded now. Did you get the chickens for egg production or are you planning on letting them go broody and raising more for you?

View attachment 2742141
We use them bc we have 6 kids and we know whos is whos and what the name is based on the bands

Back
Top Bottom