BREED CHECK please and sex guesses...

Pics
That’s the only time I will be ordering mail chicks in a long time though. We found a livestock feed store near us. They are so nice, and have accurate breeds, not genders though, as I saw a male in the female bin…
Meyer hatchery is like 2hrs from us. Not sure if you can pick up but if so o may go that route next time to be mostly sure i get females...not that i didnt get SUPER lucky so far!!! Out of the....18 chicks old enough, all are said to be females excwpt bob and anti bob...who i got from a bantam bin not a pullet bin! In the 6-7 weeker group we have, 1 was a male and the other 3 like him are female i believe, 2 gold Wyandottes are said to be female and the 3 sapphire gems have no barring so i am going with they are also girlies!!! So 1 out of 25 or 3 out of 27 have been males. I dont count the bantams though bc that wasnt a pullets bin.
This group will be minimum 7 weeks 2mro...is that old enough for sexing? I already know the breeds for the most part. I think 2 were being questioned if white rock or white leghorn. It would be a total of 9 i believe if i add the sapphire gems to get confirmation. @Overo Mare 7 weeks too early? They could be a little older. Same age as the gold laced Wyandottes i posted today.

Meyer hatchery is like 2hrs from us. Not sure if you can pick up but if so o may go that route next time to be mostly sure i get females...not that i didnt get SUPER lucky so far!!! Out of the....18 chicks old enough, all are said to be females excwpt bob and anti bob...who i got from a bantam bin not a pullet bin! In the 6-7 weeker group we have, 1 was a male and the other 3 like him are female i believe, 2 gold Wyandottes are said to be female and the 3 sapphire gems have no barring so i am going with they are also girlies!!! So 1 out of 25 or 3 out of 27 have been males. I dont count the bantams though bc that wasnt a pullets bin.
This group will be minimum 7 weeks 2mro...is that old enough for sexing? I already know the breeds for the most part. I think 2 were being questioned if white rock or white leghorn. It would be a total of 9 i believe if i add the sapphire gems to get confirmation. @Overo Mare 7 weeks too early? They could be a little older. Same age as the gold laced Wyandottes i posted today.
6-8 weeks in usually a pretty good age to tell. :)

7 weeks is okay, for some breeds. Definitely for sapphire gems. Right about perfect timing.

7 weeks is okay, for some breeds. Definitely for sapphire gems. Right about perfect timing.
I wanted to add that it makes it easier on gender identifications with people like you. Some people like to post at 4 weeks, or 1-2 weeks. That only works for sexlinked or color sexable breeds (I KEEP forgetting the name for that!!). It’s not accurate enough when they are too young. Especially at 1-2 weeks. At four weeks, obvious cockerels may be differentiated, but they are usually too young.

Back
Top Bottom