Breed Choice Help?

Reinsaway

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
McMinnville OR
Hey guys! I have been really worried about Miss Rad being too lonely lately.. but she is just SO bossy and mean I can't find any chickens who can get along with her... I really want to find her a "boyfriend" and maybe get some babies from her, she has so many lovely qualities I would hate to lose her genetics if something where to happen to the poor baby.. (God Forbid) I had a lovely Maran/Silkie Roo who I loved to death, but when he got eaten by dogs I had none of his offspring to remember him by :(

A bit of info on Rad:

-She is a Modern Game Bantam/Battle-Bred Hatch crosss

- She for the most part doesnt like other chickens at all, she had a Standard BR roo try and mount her.. and he lost half his comb and one eye
th.gif

- She crows every morning XP

- She lays at least 5-6 eggs a week except during winter

- She has the highest level of intelligence I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing with chickens!

- If I let her free range, she wont touch her feed, she flourishes of of foraging alone!

Traits I would love to see in a future suitor:

- Bantam / Small Standard

- Can hold his own against Rad without beating her up (I think she just needs another roo/hen with the same amount of sass and she'll be fine)

- Game Breed type intelligence

- decent laying ability (breed characteristic)

- Good foraging ability

- Ideally something a liiiiittle more docile than she is ;)

Is there possibly a breed out there that meets at least some of these criteria? Or a breed/hybrid you think would cross well?

Back
Top Bottom