Songster
8 Years
May 16, 2011
Missouri
now that all my bantams are 5 weeks old, lets play the Breed game
big_smile.png
I will put what I think it is, and if you all could tell me if I am right
lol.png

#1 ( Pullet Red Cochin Bantam---and cuddle bug)
92090_157_5913.jpg
92090_157_5896.jpg
92090_157_5917.jpg

#2 (Pullet SILVER Sebright Bantam-Miss loud mouth and escape artist)
92090_157_5912.jpg
92090_157_5911.jpg
92090_157_5916.jpg

#3 (porcelain d'uccle bantam-Pullet...layed back)
92090_157_5906.jpg
92090_157_5908.jpg

#4 (My ONLY ROO? Old English Bantam...but not sure on color)
He is in back ground
92090_157_5913.jpg
92090_157_5902.jpg
92090_157_5897.jpg

Thank You All In Advance
bow.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Thank you so much for the coloring on my OEG
big_smile.png

I was born and raised in the city, but when married moved out to a small small town, and have over 2 acres to play with....never thought I would have chickens, but read up on them and really loved bantams....They all have ttally different personalities, but they seem to love us and each other....And now I spend my days obsessing over my 4 chicks....Just LOVE them and love watching them pay with my 5 year old son
love.gif

Quote:
Question though...after looking up Silver Duckwing OEG......he has the pattern and marking of a PULLET....and the Roo of that breed is more solid with various solid feather colorings.....does this mean he is a different type or a pullet????? Almost has the coloring of a Crele, or even a Silver Birchen OEG bantam
But really IDK....I guess I will have to see how he feathers out as he gets older

Last edited:
Quote:
Question though...after looking up Silver Duckwing OEG......he has the pattern and marking of a PULLET....and the Roo of that breed is more solid with various solid feather colorings.....does this mean he is a different type or a pullet????? Almost has the coloring of a Crele, or even a Silver Birchen OEG bantam
But really IDK....I guess I will have to see how he feathers out as he gets older

he should have a bit of molting to do.

my Bantam mix roo was spangled with white when he was young, now only his belly and hid wings has white dots:

5 or 6 weeks old:
41094_natty_still_might_be_a_roo_006.jpg

a few weeks ago (about 10 months old):
41094_dscn1608.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you so much for the coloring on my OEG
big_smile.png

I was born and raised in the city, but when married moved out to a small small town, and have over 2 acres to play with....never thought I would have chickens, but read up on them and really loved bantams....They all have ttally different personalities, but they seem to love us and each other....And now I spend my days obsessing over my 4 chicks....Just LOVE them and love watching them pay with my 5 year old son
love.gif

sweet
love.gif
I can't wait til the day comes that I get married and move into an acreage. I obsess over my bantams too, after years of it that's how I know most the bantam breeds
lol.png

Quote:

my Silver Pencilled Cochin was feathering out like a pullet but after a few months he turned almost all black except for the silver hackles and head. I keep forgetting to take a picture of him to enter him in the fattest roo contest.

Quote:

he should have a bit of molting to do.

my Bantam mix roo was spangled with white when he was young, now only his belly and hid wings has white dots:

5 or 6 weeks old: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/41094_natty_still_might_be_a_roo_006.jpg

a few weeks ago (about 10 months old): https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/41094_dscn1608.jpg

Beauty.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom