Breed? Gender?

CB92

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure they're a bantam X but I'm new to chickens and have no idea the breeds..

I'm also pretty sure they're both Roosters? But the hen that they came with is a black bantam and 3 black bantam chicks..these 2 are completely different..

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1446.JPG
    IMG_1446.JPG
    520.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1448.JPG
    IMG_1448.JPG
    379.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1449.JPG
    IMG_1449.JPG
    309.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1450.JPG
    IMG_1450.JPG
    334.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1451.JPG
    IMG_1451.JPG
    385.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1452.JPG
    IMG_1452.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 3
How old are they? They may be too young to exactly know what gender they are, but the one that is more black in color looks suspicious. I also agree, they are most likely bantam crosses.

How old are they? They may be too young to exactly know what gender they are, but the one that is more black in color looks suspicious. I also agree, they are most likely bantam crosses.

I'm not 100% sure how old they are, I got them almost 2 weeks ago and I'd say they were about a week /week and a half..

I'm also new to chickens but I've just seen a few breeds they remind me of and just thought I'd throw them out there so you could check them out and see what you think. One is brabanter (but the def would be a mix bc they have the wrong comb to be pure brabanter), also Swedish flower hen, and crested legbar. I think those are all more on the rare side but your's definitely have funky little crests very similar to those so it'd be worth checking them out to compare/contrast. Whatever they are they're very cool looking.

Also imo the 2nd pic is a roo for sure but I'd give the other a little longer to decide. I had a Cochin bantam pullet (they also have the single comb type) that had a rather large comb at a young age compared to the other pullets but it wasn't as big as the obvious cockerel I had. She had me so convinced that she was a rooster that I gave her away to a friend then it turned out to be a pullet!! Broke my heart!

I'm not 100% sure how old they are, I got them almost 2 weeks ago and I'd say they were about a week /week and a half..
Watch for slower feather development with the black chick. Cockerels have slower wing and feather development than a pullet. Are either of them showing any signs of slight aggression?

Watch for slower feather development with the black chick. Cockerels have slower wing and feather development than a pullet. Are either of them showing any signs of slight aggression?

I wouldn't say they're aggressive but if they're hungry they'll try and fly out of their "quarantine brooder". And nip fingers..

I'm also new to chickens but I've just seen a few breeds they remind me of and just thought I'd throw them out there so you could check them out and see what you think. One is brabanter (but the def would be a mix bc they have the wrong comb to be pure brabanter), also Swedish flower hen, and crested legbar. I think those are all more on the rare side but your's definitely have funky little crests very similar to those so it'd be worth checking them out to compare/contrast. Whatever they are they're very cool looking.

Also imo the 2nd pic is a roo for sure but I'd give the other a little longer to decide. I had a Cochin bantam pullet (they also have the single comb type) that had a rather large comb at a young age compared to the other pullets but it wasn't as big as the obvious cockerel I had. She had me so convinced that she was a rooster that I gave her away to a friend then it turned out to be a pullet!! Broke my heart!

They do kind of look like the brabanter and The legbar.. only because of the feathers near the combs

They do kind of look like the brabanter and The legbar.. only because of the feathers near the combs[/QUOTE

I agree 100%... although I suppose they could be barnyard mixes of any and everything that picked up that crest somewhere randomly along the line. Again, either way, very cool chickies!

Somehow I added my reply to your quote in the above post. Just open quote box to see it. I'm literally the worst at this!!! Lol!

I haven't grasped th
Somehow I added my reply to your quote in the above post. Just open quote box to see it. I'm literally the worst at this!!! Lol!

I haven't grasped this forum stuff.. so I feel you! Lol thanks for your help! :)

Back
Top Bottom