Breed guess?

LowLady

Songster
Jan 13, 2018
I’m new to the chicken game still so I only know a handful of breeds. I adopted my friends flock of hens and most are either EE/Phoenix mix or silkie crosses from what I was told but this hen is different so I was wondering if she looks like a mix or is a specific breed. She’s the tiniest of them all

66818B64-3C75-4C39-80C0-F1FDDAD367FF.jpeg

26D1B1C7-BF93-40FB-8339-BD5A0D42357F.jpeg
60109187-350C-4FA4-B842-DDC62BE1B35C.jpeg
9362839D-C8EB-4750-BE93-33F9EDF56F65.jpeg

I would say Americauna, but she has a single comb which americaunas aren't supposed to have. Could also be an Easter egger.

Easter Eggers can literally be any color, lol. And they can lay many different colors of eggs. I can't stand trying to figure them out. What color are her legs, she could also be an Australorp bantam maybe. If she has grey/black legs that would point towards that. If she is a mix it will be hard to determine, but she is adorable either way. : ) I have some bantam australorp/frizzles that lay the tiniest brown eggs I've ever seen. They are my favorite.

Easter Eggers can literally be any color, lol. And they can lay many different colors of eggs. I can't stand trying to figure them out. What color are her legs, she could also be an Australorp bantam maybe. If she has grey/black legs that would point towards that. If she is a mix it will be hard to determine, but she is adorable either way. : ) I have some bantam australorp/frizzles that lay the tiniest brown eggs I've ever seen. They are my favorite.
They are grey/black

Could be a Black Australorp bantam then. Though some Easter Eggers have colored legs too. Ugh. I forgot about that. Just remembered. Lol. Sorry!! This one is a tricky one. How old is she? Was she already laying with your friend, or has she not started yet?

Could be a Black Australorp bantam then. Though some Easter Eggers have colored legs too. Ugh. I forgot about that. Just remembered. Lol. Sorry!! This one is a tricky one. How old is she? Was she already laying with your friend, or has she not started yet?
She’s almost two. I’m gonna lean toward EE then as I haven’t heard anything about any Australorps so maybe EE or EE mix

Back
Top Bottom