breed help? 10 weeks old

augiedranch

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
Texas

The black and gold one kinda looks like a Blackrock, the red looks like a RRR, the others are harder to tell, I would post some more pics and waiting till they are older would help. :)

I suspicion all the feather footed birds...that would be the white and the black/red....are Cochin mix as they don't look loose feathered enough and the tail is too prominent (but that may be the photo angles).

The black/red is not a Rock as it is feathered legged. I can't see the profile, but it has darker legs and might be a badly marked Black Copper Maran pullet. Sometimes they can get way too much red on the hackles and chest which is a flaw.

The red bird is a Production Red or RIR.

Lady of McCamley

I suspicion all the feather footed birds...that would be the white and the black/red....are Cochin mix as they don't look loose feathered enough and the tail is too prominent (but that may be the photo angles).

The black/red is not a Rock as it is feathered legged. I can't see the profile, but it has darker legs and might be a badly marked Black Copper Maran pullet. Sometimes they can get way too much red on the hackles and chest which is a flaw.

Lady of McCamley
Agreed.

Lady of McCamley
X3

Lady of McCamley

I agree as well.

Back
Top Bottom