Breed help please

They are not Bantams unless I am mistaken in the definition of Bantam. They are fairly normal sized chickens, though a bit young.
The light colored one has not laid yet. I couldn't say what type comb she has, since I am barely learning the difference. You can get a slightly better look at her in the video I linked above.

The brown girl layed 5 eggs in the last 7 days, so I think production is a safe bet
yesss.gif

The light colored one has yet to lay, but I have high hopes for her. Now I just hope one of them will eventually go broody. The whole family is anxious for chickies, but I'm not set up for incubating/brooding. I'll leave that to the hens. I think they'd do a better job than I could.

x2. You are much more likely to have the dark one crossed with OEG than with Chantecler (sp), especially from a country feed store. However, you have to look at skin/leg color, comb style, pattern, body shape and some other factors when determining breed. And yes... chickens can definitely be mutts!!!

The light girl is probably a Sex-Link x New Hampshire

The darker girl is probably some sort of RIR/Production Red crossed with something else.

Back
Top Bottom