Breed help??

Barred Rocks lay a regular light brown egg. Welsummers usually lay a darker egg, not a chocolate like the Marans, but more of a reddish terra-cotta color. They're often speckled, too. Here's a pic of my hatchery Welsummer's eggs

Still unsure what breed of chickens they are I'm going to posted updated pictures today.

This is a picture of a barred Rock comb. notice it's not flat. it's raised. The Dominique has a more flat comb. I would agree you have Dominique and not B.R. Also if you look closely the B.R. barring is tighter . Hope this helps with your black and white birds.from the picts. the comb looks flatter to me.I know they are young still so you might be able to see it better but now at least it can be compared to the pic.

Last edited:
This is her- Pearl

The ones next to the brooder were taken about 30 minutes ago so very recent. The one of her on the bed was a couple of days ago. And the other one is the first night I got her at 2 days old. She's 5 or 6 days old now. What breed or cross do y'all she is? And if you could help me wings sex her with the picture I posted. Thanks in advance for the help!

Back
Top Bottom