Breed help

Interesting that there are so many leg band colors. Which hatchery sent them? you can call them to find out what the bands mean.

It's also interesting that you got abandoned chicks - Never really thought about it, but I guess that happens more than we realize. Chicks don't get picked up at the PO! Heck, we even have friends that got to adopt an-already-born-human-baby because the people set to adopt the child (so the whole entire adoption process was completed to that point) never came to pick up the baby!

Enjoy your chicks!

I'm guessing Barred Rocks.
I think there are at least two cockerels:
purple band on right leg
yellow band on left leg

There's a chance the others might be females, but I wouldn't be sure about that for at least another month, maybe two months.

(Barred Rock males get more white than the females, because of how the barring gene works. Those two have quite much clearer white bars across the wings already.)

Edit to add: if they were shipped through the Post Office, they were less than 24 hours old when they were shipped. So if you know the ship date, you will know the age as well.

Thank you so much. The PO took them to the feed store and there was a descrepency on how long they had been at the PO and how long the feed store had them.

I have been making notes and although very mew I did note that the yellow band was possible a cockerel. He is so sweet, and loves to get out of the bin and play

Interesting that there are so many leg band colors. Which hatchery sent them? you can call them to find out what the bands mean.

It's also interesting that you got abandoned chicks - Never really thought about it, but I guess that happens more than we realize. Chicks don't get picked up at the PO! Heck, we even have friends that got to adopt an-already-born-human-baby because the people set to adopt the child (so the whole entire adoption process was completed to that point) never came to pick up the baby!

Enjoy your chicks!

I put the leg bands on since we don’t know anything about them and they all look so similar to me. I needed bands to log behavior

How many chicks are there in total?
I see green, purple, blue, pink, and yellow leg bands.
There's another color or two I might be seeing, or it might be a trick of my computer monitor.

How many chicks are there in total?
I see green, purple, blue, pink, and yellow leg bands.
There's another color or two I might be seeing, or it might be a trick of my computer monitor.
From Top To Bottom order.

#1. Pullet.

#2. Cockerel

#3. Pullet

#5. Pullet

#6. Pullet

#7. Pullet

#8. Pullet

#9. Cockerel

#10. Cockerel

#11. Cockerel

Thank you so very much!