Breed? Help!

Daddas1Punkin

Crowing
11 Years
Feb 9, 2012
Ca.
I know they are all three ''mutts". Any idea what they MIGHT be?

I think Della (the black one) is a black star? And Dina (red) is a RIR or red star?
Have NOOOO idea of the first one.

That first one has a dainty head and elegant neck - and the way her tail fans out - I'd almost guess she's part hamburg... the others are kind of hard to see... but age and size are helpful when identifying - and you'd be amazed the variety that can come out in a mix chicken lol.... If you can't ask the person they came from - I might just be happy with 3 pretty mixes & then just get a couple later that you DO know what they are. I hatched some eggs out last year from my own birds and I still find it hard - even though I own all the parents - guessing what the mix is!!
good luck!
smile.png

(I know I got a couple hamburg mixes out of my hatch - and they all have TONS of personality! But my silver spangled hamburg mixes are either black or have some spangling.... )

Last edited:
That first one has a dainty head and elegant neck - and the way her tail fans out - I'd almost guess she's part hamburg... the others are kind of hard to see... but age and size are helpful when identifying - and you'd be amazed the variety that can come out in a mix chicken lol.... If you can't ask the person they came from - I might just be happy with 3 pretty mixes & then just get a couple later that you DO know what they are. I hatched some eggs out last year from my own birds and I still find it hard - even though I own all the parents - guessing what the mix is!!
good luck!
smile.png

(I know I got a couple hamburg mixes out of my hatch - and they all have TONS of personality! But my silver spangled hamburg mixes are either black or have some spangling.... )

Thanks! The thing is the guy we got them from (great guy, and friend) has no clue! He has (I could tell) barred rocks, red stars, RIRs, and Dominiques? I think Della (the black one) might be an Austrolaurp, Dominique, Black star mix? or one of those... I think they are around 11-12 mo.s

Back
Top Bottom