Breed help?

stephdbarb

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 22, 2014
Brooktrails CA
Hi! My daughter came home with 6 chicks. Two are obviously silkies and two each of these. They are so pretty and the grey (yes a little dirty in the pic) are amazingly friendly but what are they?? Thanks!

I don't know but my guess would be the first Lavender Orpington rooster? And the second maybe Easter Egger pullet? Just an idea. It'll be easier to tell when they feather out more.

The first one looks to be a lavender Orpington cockerel. The second looks like she could be a golden laced Wyandotte pullet (As of yet) :)

Last edited:
Ahh roosters?!? Help! Someone tell me what to do with roosters!! :/ my 12 to daughter went out for a few 4H silkies and came home with quite a menagerie! We're new to chickens so roosters really wasn't in the plans anytime soon.

Here's a few pics of the lavender and the possibly Wyandotte side by side. The lavender are smaller and almost remind me of a blackbird in how smooth and sleek the feathers are. The other are a bit more ratty looking. The crazy fluffy neck feathers are too funny!

Ahh roosters?!? Help! Someone tell me what to do with roosters!! :/ my 12 to daughter went out for a few 4H silkies and came home with quite a menagerie! We're new to chickens so roosters really wasn't in the plans anytime soon.

Here's a few pics of the lavender and the possibly Wyandotte side by side. The lavender are smaller and almost remind me of a blackbird in how smooth and sleek the feathers are. The other are a bit more ratty looking. The crazy fluffy neck feathers are too funny!

Eat the rooster for dinner (don't know if you can do that well with this breed lol), rehome them or keep then for your flock. This one sure is pretty :)

Ah def won't be eating them. Just frustrated, she was told by the shop she had 6 silkies and came back with two silkies, two Wyandotte and two roosters Orpingtons. Oh well.. now to deal with my roosters

Back
Top Bottom