Breed ID please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by parkersmom120106, Sep 6, 2016.

1. parkersmom120106

parkersmom120106 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 9, 2008
    Middleburg, FL
    I need some help figuring out breeds on these 2 girls. Here's what I know. I bought a dozen hatching eggs at an auction. It was a mix of purebred eggs. There were several dozen available and one of them had the possible breeds written on it. Unfortunately it wasn't the one I got, and I didn't take note. Anyway. They hatched on February 28th. I have not found any dark brown eggs in the nest box, but I'm not 100% sure that all of the hens from that hatch are laying just yet. They do not have beards or muffs, so I don't think they are easter eggers. Only one egg out of the dozen was blue/green and the chick that hatched out of it died. The one with the brownish on her has dark legs, they look olive green to me. The light blue one has slate greyish legs with a little yellow on the back/bottom. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    They look to be mixes, possibly with Wyandotte, or EE.

3. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

X2, mixes.

~Alex

4. parkersmom120106

parkersmom120106 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 9, 2008
    Middleburg, FL
    Well that's mildly disappointing lol. I didn't pay much for the eggs, so no big deal really. I bought 3 dozen from the same seller. One dozen was buff orp; one dozen was barred rock, and one dozen was a mix of purebred eggs. All of the buffs and BRs were what the seller said they were, and the other eggs from the PB mix were identifiable breeds (unfortunately mostly roosters lol). Oh well. They're pretty anyway.

5. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm really sorry......[​IMG] But at least they're beautiful and very unique!

~Alex

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    mixed breeds

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    mixed