Breed ID

Cierrascoop

Songster
Sep 24, 2022
Can anyone tell me what this guy or gal is yet by chance?🙂 Sex would also be helpful if possible. I asked a few weeks ago when it still had it's baby plumage. I was told mallard and Rouen. So hoping we can tell now.

Attachments

• IMG_20230705_185103.jpg
    IMG_20230705_185103.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 43
Here is a photo from it as a duckling

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230705-191049.png
    Screenshot_20230705-191049.png
    849.9 KB · Views: 4
I know it was bought from rural king. I got them when they were three weeks from a lady. I wasn't sure if they sold mallards, but I will look into it. 🙂 Thank you!

My guess is a female Rouen but the older picture looks more like a female Mallard. The double eye stripe though is supposed to be a Rouen. I had some as ducklings that had the double eye stripes and then got the more look of one eye stripe so I am not sure. It's chest looks light is why I think it is a female. Most males have a more chestnut colored chest. I am still trying to figure out the sex of mine as I thought for sure they were all drakes but someone else thinks maybe I might have a hen or two which would be great. Good luck with yours. Mine is still not quacking at 8 weeks but by 10 should have its adult voices so I am waiting for that.

My guess is a female Rouen but the older picture looks more like a female Mallard. The double eye stripe though is supposed to be a Rouen. I had some as ducklings that had the double eye stripes and then got the more look of one eye stripe so I am not sure. It's chest looks light is why I think it is a female. Most males have a more chestnut colored chest. I am still trying to figure out the sex of mine as I thought for sure they were all drakes but someone else thinks maybe I might have a hen or two which would be great. Good luck with yours. Mine is still not quacking at 8 weeks but by 10 should have its adult voices so I am waiting for that.
Can I see a photo of yours for comparison?🙂

Can I see a photo of yours for comparison?🙂
Miss Lydia has posted mine on here saying "8 Week old Mallards Sex Please" as I do not know how to post the pictures. There are three pictures of my Mallards under that saying, I don't know if you can find them or not.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom