Breed ID

gmiller0789

Songster
Feb 16, 2020
Hi everyone! Anyone know what kind of ducks these two are? I got them from an assorted bin at tractor supply almost a month ago. When will I be able to tell if they are drakes?

Thanks!
IMG_6367.jpeg
IMG_6361.jpeg
IMG_6347.jpeg
IMG_6352.jpeg

The dark one is a Khaki Campbell (most likely), a dark Campbell, or a Golden 300. Cayuga are dark ducklings but would not have adult feathers like the ones yours has. He is likely a male as they are often darker. The other is a Golden 300, I was thinking male based on the yellow but the new feathers look like she has the brown allele and is therefor a female. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
The dark one is a Khaki Campbell (most likely), a dark Campbell, or a Golden 300. Cayuga are dark ducklings but would not have adult feathers like the ones yours has. He is likely a male as they are often darker. The other is a Golden 300, I was thinking male based on the yellow but the new feathers look like she has the brown allele and is therefor a female. 🤷‍♀️
this is very helpful! Thanks!

I agree.

the one is a golden 300 the black on im actually stumped on. a khaki cambell would have brown/black feet. maybe a male golden 300? im not familiar enough with that breed. khaki cambells can get oarnge legs but thats not a good gene and most likely is a product of a mixed duck maybe up the gene pool a couple generations.

Back
Top Bottom