Breed identification requested

KByrne

Chirping
Mar 9, 2019
Sandhills of NC
Can anyone positively identify this hen? I imagine her chicks are mutts but I'd at least like some idea of what I'd be adopting if I accept them. Thanks in advance!
Hen1.jpg

Attachments

• Hen11.jpg
    Hen11.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 5
Where would you be getting them from?
Do you have other pictures of this person's flock?

What exactly do you mean by adopting?

Where would you be getting them from?
Do you have other pictures of this person's flock?

What exactly do you mean by adopting?
The guy who has them now has only this hen, her babies, and a young rooster(we don;t know if he's the daddy of the chicks). He got the hen and roo before she went broody and hatched these younguns from someone else who was just going to let the birds go into the woods and fend for themselves. He wants to keep the hen and the rooster and find homes for the chicks. We currently have 4 hens and a roo of our own so I'd have to prepare a separate housing area for them until they're a little older ( and for quarantine purposes), but I haven't obligated myself to them yet. These are the only 2 pics I took.

She’s an American gamefowl mix.
I wondered about the possibility of that considering her size and shape. I'm more of a rookie when it comes to the vast majority of chicken breeds. Our very small flock consists of 2 Swedish flower hens , 2 Orpington hens, and a medium-sized turd of a roo (breed unknown). I'm hesitant to add chickens to our established flock that would be more prone to aggressive behavior, or am I making an unfair assumption that just because they're gamefowl mutts that they'll be more likely to be pissers?

Back
Top Bottom