Breed IDs! HELP!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by plumcreek, Jul 22, 2011.

1. plumcreek

plumcreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    I need help figuring out which is which. I want to avoid getting rid of my dark brown layers and sell some light bronwn layers.

First there are two that I think are production type...like a black star maybe and a production red?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then there is this girl. Also production?
    [​IMG]

And this girl is lighter with white speckles in her tail, under her wings, and her wing tips before I clipped her. Sorry bad pic and she is wet from the mister. She is a much lighter brown but I suspect she is laying a darker egg.
    [​IMG]

And I know this one lays a HUGE brown egg and is prone to twins but no idea what she is.
    [​IMG]

THANKS in advance!

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    All the reds look like PR to me, and I agree with the BS. I have no idea what that last chicken is, but she is GAWGEOUS!!!!!

3. plumcreek

plumcreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    I really want to know what the one with the wrong head attached is! It looks like a blue wyandotte had some other chickens head surgically attached [​IMG] My husband loves her giant double yolked eggs though. He thinks it still counts as one egg at breakfast.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  4. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Maybe the last one is a Blue Copper Marans? [​IMG]

5. chickschool

chickschool Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Traverse City, MI
    I would love to know what that last one is. What a strange combo. What is a production red? I would say they look like Rhode Island Reds. Is that the same thing?

6. Lindz

Lindz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Eastern Iowa
    Im not great with breeds yet but I would say they are PR's.

Im dying to know what the last one is though. She sure is pretty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by