Breed mixup and solution

I assumed that they didn’t breed the rooster themselves.
It could be possible there's a red sex link--
That's true but it sounds like the OP didn't have any other possible birds. OP, did you have any birds with white tail feathers only perhaps? Maybe a Red Sex Link?
Well, I had a couple of hatchery "Isa browns" last year -- unless their eggs might've gotten mixed up? Or they were actually sex link?
At this point I'm wondering too, haha. I was heavily pregnant at this time last year, and I might've missed something.
See; I let the one coop& run go wild in the summer, and that's aside from my intentional breeding pen.

It could be possible there's a red sex link--

Well, I had a couple of hatchery "Isa browns" last year -- unless their eggs might've gotten mixed up? Or they were actually sex link?
At this point I'm wondering too, haha. I was heavily pregnant at this time last year, and I might've missed something.
See; I let the one coop& run go wild in the summer, and that's aside from my intentional breeding pen.
Isa browns are red sex links, and almost always have dominant white. That’s what causes them to have white tails. It sounds like your white-tailed rooster had an isa brown mother.

Isa browns are red sex links, and almost always have dominant white. That’s what causes them to have white tails. It sounds like your white-tailed rooster had an isa brown mother.
You know, that makes sense!
Because the mixup came from my intentional breeding & "accidental" clutch outside. The Isa brown could have had an egg in the clutch.
That makes me so much more confident in telling these roosters apart.
Thank you!!!
I threw the blacktail in there today. According to the chicken calculator I have a 50% chance of lacing, then.

Back
Top Bottom