Breed of 3 week old chick?

Sussex19

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Jul 3, 2022
NSW Australia
This chick came from my flock with a Cuckoo Orpington x Light Sussex rooster, and the hens are RIR, RIR x LS, BO, SS and a Cuckoo Orp, but I'm fairly certain that it not hers, as they look quite different. Any idea who its mum is?
Sorry there's rather a bit of my hand in it, its raised by a broody, and kept trying to run off to join her.
PA062114.JPG

PA062115.JPG

Barred breeds both male and female have the white dot, though the dot can have different sizes and shapes. It’s only when it’s sex linked i.e. cuckoo or barred mother and non-cuckoo or non barred father that you can count on the dot meaning it’s a male.😊

Barred breeds both male and female have the white dot, though the dot can have different sizes and shapes. It’s only when it’s sex linked i.e. cuckoo or barred mother and non-cuckoo or non barred father that you can count on the dot meaning it’s a male.😊
Thank you:)
Do you have any idea of my original question, before I went of topic?

Thank you:)
Do you have any idea of my original question, before I went of topic?
Sorry I don’t. If you’re absolutely certain that the cuckoo orp hen is not the mother than the cuckoo orp rooster has to be the father. Black is dominant, it looks like some red peeking through In some of the feathers so maybe the Rhode Island red? You’ll probably have to wait till it feathers in more to get a better idea.😊

Back
Top Bottom