Breed of babies if possible?

Though I'de update on the chicks! Looks like the Yellow and tan one is still looking to be a red ply, but the little black and white guy is feathering with white tips on his wing feathers. So not a black OEGB then. Not barred, and he doesn't seem to have any of the traits of the other colors listed in the Hoovers OEGB listing. He does have a very short back, and long wing feathers as well if that helps at all.
I can get more pics in the morning if needed.

Last edited:
Though I'de update on the chicks! Looks like the Yellow and tan one is still looking to be a red ply, but the little black and white guy is feathering with white tips on his wing feathers. So not a black OEGB then. Not barred, and he doesn't seem to have any of the traits of the other colors listed in the Hoovers OEGB listing. He does have a very short back, and long wing feathers as well if that helps at all.
I can get more pics in the morning if needed.
Growing white wing feathers as chicks is pretty normal for black breeds. The feathers will become black when he gets older. Nearly every black chick I've had has grown in white wing feathers, but lost them as they got older.

Growing white wing feathers as chicks is pretty normal for black breeds. The feathers will become black when he gets older. Nearly every black chick I've had has grown in white wing feathers, but lost them as they got older.
Thats neat, I had no idea. Thank you! Kinda like how roan foals are often born brown, then their color lightens and rains out as they get older. Thank you!

Thought I would repost photos of the chicks!
Looks like the black and white is the colors we expected, but I'm not sure about the possible red ply. She's getting these white and light brown fearers, that almost look like lacing. It didn't look even close to photos of red ply adult hens. Here are a few photos-
tempImagezZIk7F.jpg
tempImage9dk2Jy.jpg

Thought I would repost photos of the chicks!
Looks like the black and white is the colors we expected, but I'm not sure about the possible red ply. She's getting these white and light brown fearers, that almost look like lacing. It didn't look even close to photos of red ply adult hens. Here are a few photos-
View attachment 2689864View attachment 2689869
Looks like she is a White Laced Red Cornish Bantam. I went and double checked her chick picture, and it looks like she has a pea comb. He body shape also looks more like a Cornish than an OEGB as well. Thanks for the update!

Looks like she is a White Laced Red Cornish Bantam. I went and double checked her chick picture, and it looks like she has a pea comb. He body shape also looks more like a Cornish than an OEGB as well. Thanks for the update!
Ya, compared to the black OEGB, she definitely looked different. I'm so exited! She's going to be beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom