Breed of hens that we brought as chicks

kittykat2003uk

Songster
11 Years
Jun 12, 2011
Gloucester, UK
We know one is RIR but unsure of other 3 One is the black one that "needs a shave"...lol the speckled one and the light coloured one

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

Thanks in advance guys
smile.png

Just gotta ask, are you from the UK or USA?

The RIR, make sure it has yellow legs. They look pink from here.

The rest are all mutts.
smile.png

I thought so
smile.png

The girl with the beard is an Araucana. The supposed Rhode Island Red is probably actually a Sussex cross or something. The other two I'm still not entirely sure of, but I'm sure the black and white girl is a mutt.

Quote:
And almost like a silver penciled Hamburg. The comb and legs are right but the pattern is half-ish.

Well...

We have recived our first eggs from the black chicken with the beard and the little speckled one. The black chook lays green eggs, and the little speckled one has now a bigger comb that is going red and she is laying small white eggs
celebrate.gif

Kids are well happy too!!

WOW - those are some gorgeous birds! Your speckley one does look like a fayoumi (sp) to me... but I'm not super familiar with that breed. Am I seeing a poof of feathers on your araucana's head? If so, she might be mixed with a polish-or-something.

Congrats on the eggs!

The speckled one deffo looks like the fayoumi especially now her comb and waddles are starting to turn red and get slightly bigger. Yes there is feathers on the head needs a short back and sides oh and top too. Maybe not total mutts afterall then lol

Well 3 of these are laying now and what a multi coloured lot of eggs.

Little white egg from the speckled girl
Dark brown egg from the big red hen
Green egg from the beared black hen

PICT00035.jpg

Still waiting for mine to lay thou the light one Anyone know what she might be?
PICT00122.jpg

Back
Top Bottom