BREED OF RED PULLETS-More Pics Added!!

i got 2 from the red pullet bin. one from the straight run White rock bin, and 3 from the assortment pullet bin. lol. Did u go to the one in Turlock? Or what Town? lol

Oh no, I live on the opposite coast as you. LOL! I'm in the Poconos, in Pennsylvania. I went to the one in Broadheadsville. I guess they have the same chicks at every store huh?
wink.png

Oh no, I live on the opposite coast as you. LOL! I'm in the Poconos, in Pennsylvania. I went to the one in Broadheadsville. I guess they have the same chicks at every store huh?
wink.png

lol they must. over the phone they said they had a bantam bin. i got there and no bantam bin. only 3 bins lol all large breeds. i was hoping for bantams cuz none of my eggs in the bator are bantams. but i couldnt resist getting these 6 lol

It is interesting that they put all the chicks that are red in the same group. How are you supposed to tell them apart?
smile.png

By the way, I didn't know there were two breeds of Rhode Island Reds.
smile.png

The dark ones they say are true RIRs breed to fit breed standards. lol The regular RIRs they say were bred for production only. Idk if its true. but that what i was told. from what i could c, every chick in that bin was excatly alike hahaha

The black ones look like they could be either Black Jersey Giants, or Australorps to me. Both breeds have the dark legs, but the Jersey Giant has yellow feet and the Australorp has a more pinkish color feet. So my guess, from your pics, is that they are Jersey Giants.

Last edited:
The black ones look like they could be either Black Jersey Giants, or Austrolorps to me. Both breeds have the dark legs, but the Jersey Giant has yellow feet and the Austrolorp has a more pinkish color feet. So my guess, from your pics, is that they are Jersey Giants.

i was actully thinking barred rocks. they have the black wash on the front of there legs and a white dot on the top of there heads lol

They look like chickens.
smile.png

Everyone tries to figure out what breed of chicks they have. I suppose people can't resist the game rather than just waiting a while, and then they wouldn't have to guess at what breed they have.

I am guessing the white one is a White Plymouth Rock.
smile.png
(You said it came from the White Rock bin.)

They look like chickens.
smile.png

Everyone tries to figure out what breed of chicks they have. I suppose people can't resist the game rather than just waiting a while, and then they wouldn't have to guess at what breed they have.

I am guessing the white one is a White Plymouth Rock.
smile.png
(You said it came from the White Rock bin.)

ya i know the breeds of the whites and blacks. just not the reds lol. i hate the waiting game because i have to get rid of roos early and people want certaint breeds

Back
Top Bottom