Breed? Silver Campine???

Megruss1104

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2021
I have looked at so many pictures trying to figure out what breed this chick is. Could it be a Silver Campine??? I'm knew to chickens so I really have no clue. Any help is appreciated. He is probably 4ish weeks here. I didn't get him as a day chicken so I don't know his coloring then but he has always looked similar to this since about 2 weeks.

1615275522237.png

Where did you get him from? : D
A local breeder, he said this was a really cool chicken and I should look it up. He said the name at least 3 times and I even repeated it a few times and forgot: I’m too embarrassed to call and ask 🤦🏼‍♀️ So I was hoping someone could help me.

A local breeder, he said this was a really cool chicken and I should look it up. He said the name at least 3 times and I even repeated it a few times and forgot: I’m too embarrassed to call and ask 🤦🏼‍♀️ So I was hoping someone could help me.
Just wanted to make sure there wasn't much possibility of him being a mix! : D does Fayoumi sound familiar?

It's late and I can't quite think of a breed with that coloring AND yellow legs... Fayoumi sometimes get green legs however, maybe that's something genetic or maybe the leg color will change? Who knows... It's for sure not a hamburg due to the comb, hmm...

Just wanted to make sure there wasn't much possibility of him being a mix! : D does Fayoumi sound familiar?

It's late and I can't quite think of a breed with that coloring AND yellow legs... Fayoumi sometimes get green legs however, maybe that's something genetic or maybe the leg color will change? Who knows... It's for sure not a hamburg due to the comb, hmm...
Yes I’ve heard of Fayoumi but since the legs are yellow thought it wasn’t that. It could be a mix I guess you can’t rule that out but this guy was super knowledgeable about breeds and terminology and he had all the breeds separated from each other but I’m new to chickens so I may not know what’s right and wrong lol!

I notice now the Campine doesn't have yellow legs either. So I have no clue, I may just have to call the guy and hope he remembers me. It might be a mix, hopefully it will be easier to tell as he ages. 🤷‍♀️ He is pretty big compared to the others and def. the alpha rooster of his group.

Back
Top Bottom