Breed? Silver Campine???

Megruss1104

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2021
I have looked at so many pictures trying to figure out what breed this chick is. Could it be a Silver Campine??? I'm knew to chickens so I really have no clue. Any help is appreciated. He is probably 4ish weeks here. I didn't get him as a day chicken so I don't know his coloring then but he has always looked similar to this since about 2 weeks.

1615275522237.png

The OP says that it was a named variety from a breeder but he/she has forgotten the name.
The coloring matches no breed that I'm aware of. Lots of possibilities-- the breeder could have meant some kind of hatchery hybrid, a stealth rooster might have visited the breeding pen, or the breeder could've been feeding the buyer a line of you know what. I don't think that chick is any pure breed.

OP- Don't be embarrassed to contact the breeder and ask. It will satisfy your curiosity, and I'd bet the he or she wouldn't mind at all.

The coloring matches no breed that I'm aware of. Lots of possibilities-- the breeder could have meant some kind of hatchery hybrid, a stealth rooster might have visited the breeding pen, or the breeder could've been feeding the buyer a line of you know what. I don't think that chick is any pure breed.

OP- Don't be embarrassed to contact the breeder and ask. It will satisfy your curiosity, and I'd bet the he or she wouldn't mind at all.
I agree! He matches nothing I can think of

Okay thanks guys. Glad I’m not the only one that couldn’t figure out. The more I look at other pictures I do think he is a mix and not a pure breed, I may give him a call or just watch him grow and see what he becomes. I’ll post a pic when he’s bigger :).

Back
Top Bottom