breed type and gender

moondance0cx

In the Brooder
Nov 8, 2015
Austin Tx
hi there! Can anyone tell me what type of chicken this is and if it is a hen or rooster? I hope the pictures are good enough quality to tell. thank you! I love reading all the articles, question and answers excetera
[/IMG]

Looks like a hatchery quality gold laced Wyandotte - possibly a cockerel but really not certain on gender.

Honestly, I can't tell much from that picture other than it's a chicken. The photo needs to be a lot more crisp.
As for gender, knowing the age can really help, as there are different things to look for at different ages.

Looks like a hatchery quality gold laced Wyandotte - possibly a cockerel but really not certain on gender.
thank you I will look that up. What does hatchery quality mean? it did come from McMurray hatchery. we got the stock your coop assortment so we are learning along the way what they are

Honestly, I can't tell much from that picture other than it's a chicken. The photo needs to be a lot more crisp.
As for gender, knowing the age can really help, as there are different things to look for at different ages.
I'll try to get a better pic. there are two of them that are this type. They were brown stripe in checks and at 3 months old are black with brown feathers. They're both really pretty but I can't seem to find anything in the catalog that looks like them

I'll try to get a better pic. there are two of them that are this type. They were brown stripe in checks and at 3 months old are black with brown feathers. They're both really pretty but I can't seem to find anything in the catalog that looks like them
stupid voice text never comes out right! Brown striped chicks and at 2 mo's old now.

Back
Top Bottom