Breed?

Hi, these are my 1 week old chicks of unknown breed. My kids picked them because they are cute... thanks kids. And my dog is infatuated with the chickens.
Jenny mostly grey with grey beak and grey feet.
Smores, yellow chick with grey highlights, orange beak and legs.
Rainbow, she's got a little white mixed in, and just a couple tufts on her knuckles.
View attachment 2549830View attachment 2549836View attachment 2549843View attachment 2549849View attachment 2549851
The one with the headspot is a Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock chick.

Better photos in good lighting with the chick in focus would help. I can't tell if the little Blue with the fuzzies on her outside toes has muffs/beard or if that's just a blur/shadow.

There is no way to tell if the Black chick is a "Heritage" Barred Plymouth Rock. Considering that it came from a hatchery it is almost certainly not and would be considered a production strain of Barred Plymouth Rock. There is a number of other Barred or Cuckoo breeds it could be. The most likely is that it is a Barred Rock, or a Black Sex-link Cockerel.

Do you know if the birds are sexed pullets?

There is no way to tell if the Black chick is a "Heritage" Barred Plymouth Rock. Considering that it came from a hatchery it is almost certainly not and would be considered a production strain of Barred Plymouth Rock. There is a number of other Barred or Cuckoo breeds it could be. The most likely is that it is a Barred Rock, or a Black Sex-link Cockerel.

Meyer does claim to sell "Barred Plymouth Rock" chicks, and also "Heritage Barred Plymouth Rock."

https://www.meyerhatchery.com/Barred-Plymouth-Rock-Day-Old-Chicks-p156357409
https://www.meyerhatchery.com/Heritage-Barred-Plymouth-Rock-Day-Old-Chicks-p213412031

Barred and Cuckoo chicks of many breeds look alike to me at that age, so I won't be any help sorting that one out.

There's this girl.

Attachments

• 20210301_193638.jpg
    20210301_193638.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210301_193649.jpg
    20210301_193649.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom