Breed??

mamabear6810

Songster
May 23, 2021
Any suggestions on what the breed of this chick maybe? It came out of a bin that had andalusians and mixed polish and crested breeds. Is it looking like an appenzeller spitzhauben? It's the only thing that I can't figure out of the chicks that I purchased
20210728_161531.jpg
20210728_161533.jpg
20210728_161527.jpg
20210728_161537.jpg
20210728_161542.jpg

Could very well be an Andalusian. You will have to wait it out until it feathers in I think. Cute chick. 😊
Thanks. I got an older andalusian yesterday so was hoping for something else. I just discovered they gave me a polish with its toes bent under its foot! And the place is an hour away 😭😭😭 hoping it doesnt die because it isnt acting quite right. Ugh

Thanks. I got an older andalusian yesterday so was hoping for something else. I just discovered they gave me a polish with its toes bent under its foot! And the place is an hour away 😭😭😭 hoping it doesnt die because it isnt acting quite right. Ugh
You can make a tape shoe for the Polish. In young chicks this is easily fixable. I have done it a few times with good results. 😊
What do you mean about not acting quite right?

You can make a tape shoe for the Polish. In young chicks this is easily fixable. I have done it a few times with good results. 😊
What do you mean about not acting quite right?
Her eyes look downish and she doesnt keep them open very long. She stands there and just falls asleep because her eyes dont stay open long. Maybe because she is brand new? She is so tiny! I made a shoe out of a band-aid so hopefully we can get it fixed since she is so young still!!! It definitely is creating balance issues for her.

Normal for chicks to sleep alot, but they should also be active and alert when they are awake. Is she eating and drinking? Is her crop full in the evening and empty in the morning? What are you feeding her? Is she pooping? What temp is the brooder? You can try adding NutraDrench to the water or something similar. You may want to post under the emergencies section for more advice.

Normal for chicks to sleep alot, but they should also be active and alert when they are awake. Is she eating and drinking? Is her crop full in the evening and empty in the morning? What are you feeding her? Is she pooping? What temp is the brooder? You can try adding NutraDrench to the water or something similar. You may want to post under the emergencies section for more advice.
She passed away last night, unfortunately. I think she just had failure to thrive. We literally had JUST hotten her from rural king so no idea on food, temps...anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom