breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by catsew, Dec 6, 2011.

1. catsew

catsew Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Sorry this isn't the best picture, but they all look basically the same. Do you know what they are? And any chance one of them is an EE?
    [​IMG]

2. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    the 4 reds look like NH reds to me. The one on the right standing on the perch is a roo. The grey one I dont know.

3. mammat

mammat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    columbus ohio
    Red stars no ee

4. catsew

Jun 14, 2011
    Well somebody laid a green egg. Just trying to figure out who. The one on the top right and the grey are roosters.

5. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

the one with the blured face could be EE. does she have a beard? or they could just be a mix

6. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:The two on the left side have pea combs, and appear to be muffed. I would bet one of those are laying the green eggs.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  7. catsew

Jun 14, 2011
    Do they really? I never even noticed. Ha. I'll have to check them out closer tomorrow. Thanks. And I'm 99% certain the hens are mixed, one is the red roosters mother.

8. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    The one up front is a production red. The blue rooster with gold leakage is a mutt by my best guess.

The other three are too far away in a low quality picture for me to be happy with any guess. Better pictures?

9. catsew

Jun 14, 2011
    That must be it then. The 2 do have pea combs. Not quite sure about the muff though, don't really notice one, especially compared to the non-muffed one, but there could be a hint of one. They're all mutts I'm sure, I just never thought there was a chance for green though. I'm thrilled.

10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    EEs are mixed birds; htere is no standard for them. While muffs and beards are common, they are by no means universal or "required" for a bird to be an EE. The only way to really determine that a bird is an EE is by its lineage.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by