breed?

catsew

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 14, 2011
Sorry this isn't the best picture, but they all look basically the same. Do you know what they are? And any chance one of them is an EE?
039-1.jpg

Well somebody laid a green egg. Just trying to figure out who. The one on the top right and the grey are roosters.

Do they really? I never even noticed. Ha. I'll have to check them out closer tomorrow. Thanks. And I'm 99% certain the hens are mixed, one is the red roosters mother.

The one up front is a production red. The blue rooster with gold leakage is a mutt by my best guess.

The other three are too far away in a low quality picture for me to be happy with any guess. Better pictures?

That must be it then. The 2 do have pea combs. Not quite sure about the muff though, don't really notice one, especially compared to the non-muffed one, but there could be a hint of one. They're all mutts I'm sure, I just never thought there was a chance for green though. I'm thrilled.

EEs are mixed birds; htere is no standard for them. While muffs and beards are common, they are by no means universal or "required" for a bird to be an EE. The only way to really determine that a bird is an EE is by its lineage.

Back
Top Bottom