Breed?

Chicken-Lover23

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 1, 2012
Okay so I got some new ducks at Tractor Supply today. The man said they were a white something-another. I dont remember what he said they were but I'm really curious about what they are. If you have a guess
please post it. He also said they make good pets and are very friendly. Heres some pics;

Although I am not really interested in ducks, I asked the person at TSC what breed the ducks were when I was there the other day and they said "Peking". I'm pretty sure that there is no breed of duck called a Peking, but I do know that there are Pekins. I had two Pekin ducks years ago and they were yellow as ducklings and grew up to be white. Maybe he said White Pekin? I remember mine being fairly friendly, although they were big and heavy and scratched me when I tried to hold them. Of course, I was ten years old at the time, so that was probably why!
Good luck on finding out what your ducklings are and
welcome-byc.gif

Went to TSC on Friday to buy wire and stopped by to see what kind of chicks and ducklings they had. The ducklings looked like they were White Pekins, and then they had some black ducklings. Any idea what breed? I would have gotten a couple, but we were going to be in the car for awhile and I didn't want them to be hauled all over the place.

~ Aspen

Went to TSC on Friday to buy wire and stopped by to see what kind of chicks and ducklings they had. The ducklings looked like they were White Pekins, and then they had some black ducklings. Any idea what breed? I would have gotten a couple, but we were going to be in the car for awhile and I didn't want them to be hauled all over the place.

~ Aspen

The blk ones you saw where probably Cayuga if they were solid blk.

Most likely Pekin, TSC has corporate contracts with hatcheries for the spring ducklings. State location will dictate what breeds they offer due to the state laws on what can and can not be sold.

Those look like Pekin to me and they will be excellent ducks and quite large.

My Pekin are clownish and sociable. They follow me around chattering and stop and listen carefully when I talk to them. They are nice company

Back
Top Bottom