Breeders in/around Sacramento, CA?

Great to know! Now if I am not going to show my chickens, is it pointless for me to go to a breeder? I keep hearing how bred birds are more typical to online standards then hatchery bred. I am looking for a layer breed such as Barred Rock, RIR, and any others you can think of. I am looking mostly for eggs and a pet, not to show, but I have been steered toward going to a breeder for a bit now. Does anybody who breeds in Sacramento have chicks for sale? Or pullets? I don't have an incubator so can't hatch my own..

I'm in Grass Valley and I have 12 week old Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks that I hatched from shipped eggs and not enough room to keep them all. I will be selling 2 blue and 2 splash pullets from Paul's Poultry lines. Later I may have some more BLRW pullets and roosters available from Foley x Paul lines. I also have a few 1 year old Blue Wyandotte hens for sale, 1~ 4 mo. old Black Wyandotte rooster, 1~ 4 mo. old Blue Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster and 1~ 4 mo. old EE x Blue Wyandotte roosters free to pet homes. Look much better in person~ Big, Beautiful, Friendly birds, all hand raised!
BLRW pullet (Blue)
54909_p1020191.jpg

BLRW pullet (Blue)
54909_p1020054.jpg

BLRW pullet (splash) 2 of these
54909_p1010977.jpg

Blue Wyandotte (1 yr. old) hen 2 maybe 3 of these
54909_p1010157.jpg

Black x Silver Laced Wyandotte 4 mo old rooster
54909_p1020135.jpg

Blue Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster 4 mo old
54909_p1020133.jpg

EE x Blue Wyandotte 4 mo old rooster
54909_p1020198.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just past Stockton in Modesto.

Working with my new Bev Davis line FBCMs and have 4 more FBCMs at 2 months that are from Fox, Presley and Valentine lines. Still waiting to see if they're going to fit into the breeding program. I have a beautiful Blue Ameraucana from SQ stock and now I want more, so will be adding those also.

I also have Bantam and LF assorted Polish, American Games, Silkies i nwhite and black, Bantams are Light Brahmas, Australorp, Mille Fluer d'Uccles

I have other hens in with FBCM roo, BR and a mixed hen. These are the crazy bully hens that attack all the others. If they didn't lay good I'd get rid of them. Not a fan of BRs, but I own them.

Have a few in the brooder too. Favs and EEs

Who knows what I'll have in a week. I actually sold 3 roos last week. Finally! I have a hard time letting go. LOL

OH and about 70 eggs in the bator due 7/7 and 7/14. And have more to add, mostly silkies.

Quote:
oh my goodness!

i am in reno and am looking for a young barred rock and a young bantam silkie, i am having such a hard time finding them here without having to raise them from babies, which i dont wanna do. i have an e.e. and a nhr that are six weeks and are VERY calm and gentle, would like to find a barred and a silk around the same age that are also mellow....am willing to drive to auburn (its such a pretty ride) for two girls. can you oblige?

I'm located in Penn Valley and I'm not technically a breeder, but I do a little hobby breeding and incubating every now and then!
wink.png
I'm not the person to go to about laying breeds (I believe I only have six standard-sized birds total out of my whole large flock? Haha), but I do have some OEGB in various colors, and I'm trying to establish a little serama breeding flock both to hatch eggs out of and keep or sell the chicks, and also to sell some hatching eggs from. I have an adult trio right now with good fertility, but having only two hens they don't lay enough to hatch a whole lot. I have four babies right now, though, hopefully I'll get some more hens out of them. One of my serama hens is also sitting on eggs, so I'm hoping that works out! I will probably periodically hatch other types of bantams for fun and may have extras.

I've got a pretty steady supply of fertile duck eggs (purebred rouen and rouen/black swedish mix), fertile guinea eggs, and will have fertile coturnix eggs available in the near future. I can even incubate some babies on request if you don't have an incubator and want something I've got fertile eggs of. Any excuse to hatch something!
tongue2.gif

I wish I could offer fertile butterscotch call duck eggs, but my pair's fertility has been really low for some reason.
hmm.png

Anyway, if anyone comes across this post and wants any of the types of birds I raise, feel free to PM me any time. I can't guarantee I'll have anything in particular at the time, especially when it comes to birds instead of eggs, but we can work something out perhaps! I go down to Auburn/Roseville/Rocklin/Sacramento/Davis/Marysville/Yuba City reasonably often, too, if someone wants a certain type of bird/certain eggs and doesn't want to make the whole drive here.

Nice to see other people who are breeding around the Sacramento area! I don't buy from hatcheries so it's good to know there are some breeders around if I want something in particular.
smile.png

Last edited:
I can vouch for Silver Phoenix's chicks... three or four months ago I was looking for some silkie eggs to hatch for my kindergarten after school class and was lucky enough to get a response from Silver Phoenix offering me some of her Serama eggs. I was hesitant at first because I was so set on silkies but decided that I would just rehome the serama chicks after they hatched. WELL, big surprise!!! I love my three serama chicks that hatched from those eggs. I have 5 chicks and 3 are seramas and I want more sooo bad. They are the absolute cutest things and have the funniest little personalities! All three are totally different sizes, small, medium and large and different colors also. I love my babies so much!!

Hi guys, I'm in sacramento area and I'm looking for some oegb for me and the kids. If anyone near has some I would like to check them out. Thanks.

There are quite a few folks in Reno with bantams of all types...oegb's, silkies, frizzle cochins,...just to name a few. I currently have RIW hens and RIR roo that I will breed this winter for sexlinked chicks as I do each year to sell and replace my own pullets as well. Someone in town also has buff orps, EE's. Our website is on Shutterfly... http://nnpfa.shutterfly.com/

Back
Top Bottom