breeders

People usually pick larger birds when they are breeding for meat. Others breed for looks if they are trying to develop a particular color or pattern. Any bird with an obvious genetic defect usually gets culled; such as crossed beak, which is usually a sign of inbreeding. Aside from that, it is usually just the breeder's personal preference.

Quote:
X's 2
smile.png

Quote:
X's 2
smile.png

Most breed to the standard, even if they do not show. The APA book of standard.or ABA book for bantams, it is good place to start, breeding to what you are looking for if you have clear idea works to or a combination. By using the standard you will get an idea what birds to cull. Some breeds don't show there true 'colors' till they are at least 9months old.

Quote:
X's 2
smile.png

Most breed to the standard, even if they do not show. The APA book of standard.or ABA book for bantams, it is good place to start, breeding to what you are looking for if you have clear idea works to or a combination. By using the standard you will get an idea what birds to cull. Some breeds don't show there true 'colors' till they are at least 9months old.

There really isn't a 'standard' for coturnix that I'm aware of.

Quote:

But there should be!
frow.gif

Quote:

But there should be!
frow.gif

I think someone was searching through the 'recent posts' and didn't notice that the post was in the quail forum lol

Quote:
X's 2
smile.png

1 LIL TINY PROBLEM HERE...... QUAIL HAVE NO SHOW STANDARDS.

Back
Top Bottom