Breeding a Sapphire Gem with An Ameraucana Rooster.

A “genetic disorder” won’t occur no matter what two breeds you cross. If the individual carries or expresses harmful genetics, it will be expressed in the offspring, having nothing to do with what breed it is crossed with, and rather, having to do with what genes the individual it is crossed with has.
Don’t worry, your birds are safe! ;)

That said, considering a Sapphire Gem is a crossbreed, and I don’t know the variety of the Ameraucana (if Ameraucana it is), and I do not know their sexes, I could not tell you what the offspring will look like, but they would probably not be consistent.

A “genetic disorder” won’t occur no matter what two breeds you cross. If the individual carries or expresses harmful genetics, it will be expressed in the offspring, having nothing to do with what breed it is crossed with, and rather, having to do with what genes the individual it is crossed with has.
Don’t worry, your birds are safe! ;)

That said, considering a Sapphire Gem is a crossbreed, and I don’t know the variety of the Ameraucana (if Ameraucana it is), and I do not know their sexes, I could not tell you what the offspring will look like, but they would probably not be consistent.
Thanks!

I'm breeding my SG with my Ameraucana Roo. Has anyone done anything similar? I don't know whats going to happen and I don't want the chicks to have a genetic disorder.
I was wondering how did the mix turn out. I actually bought the exact mix yesterday. Americauna roo and sapphire gem hen. The bird is 3 weeks old. And a lovely pewter color. Do you have a pic of yours as an adult? Did the feathering change or the look at 3 weeks be the same look at a year? Thank you for your time

I literally just had one hatch! It’s still wet but looks like it’s going to be gray like the sapphire gem.

Back
Top Bottom