Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
LOL, when I first saw the names on the eggs I thought you were already naming the chicks... I was like, wow.....she already knows what she's naming them....lol

LOL No, not yet! I'm kinda nerding out with my little chicken project & have been labelling every egg by date & laying hen. I suspect when this flock gets bigger, that'll be harder to pull off. :) Although, I do have a name picked out for my 1st rooster, but no naming until I have hatches & I know what sex they are.

The girl I was supposed to get the showgirl/frizzle/sizzle and mixes from says her birds are not producing too well so I'm back burnering them till summer and getting the dozen spitzes and 2 dozen mixes! I can't wait to get them and get things going!!!
:jumpy
Congrats! That's so excitingly! :D I love the names, too!
Thanks!
Checked my 1st batch of set eggs last night & was surprised, super surprised, at what I found:
I can't believe 4 out of the 7 eggs are developing! I was only hoping at least 1 would be! LOL I might be in some trouble if my Phoenix bantam eggs show up this weekend. So, I've got 2 each from Calypso & Athena. I'm a little disappointed that Penelope's & Nausicaä's eggs didn't develop, but I was expecting it. Pen's eggs are still pretty tiny & Naus's had a detached air sac & not great shell condition. Have to try again later this year with their eggs. Can't wait to see what these mixes look like in 16 days! I'm terrified & excited about this! I was expecting to have any kind of development on my first go at incubating eggs with my first time chickens.
Sorry about the i fertiles but yay for the others! :clap
LOL, when I first saw the names on the eggs I thought you were already naming the chicks... I was like, wow.....she already knows what she's naming them....lol
I have done that!
Here are some pics of ym Barnyard Mix hen with her chicks and 1 egg!!!
Aw!
LOL No, not yet! I'm kinda nerding out with my little chicken project & have been labelling every egg by date & laying hen. I suspect when this flock gets bigger, that'll be harder to pull off. :) Although, I do have a name picked out for my 1st rooster, but no naming until I have hatches & I know what sex they are.
Lol I understand!

I have done that!
LOL. I have to see them and find something about them that inspires me before I can officially name them. My last hatch I wanted to name them after the NCIS crew...lol (And I could have since 7 were roos....lol) But as they were hatched they kinda came with their own names....lol I did name one silkie roo Gibbs...but he went w/the other 4 roos....lol

Quote:
jumpy.gif

Quote:Thanks!
Quote:Sorry about the i fertiles but yay for the others!
clap.gif

Quote:I have done that!
Quote:Aw!

Quote:Lol I understand!

Must get some pics of her free ranging!

LOL. I have to see them and find something about them that inspires me before I can officially name them.  My last hatch I wanted to name them after the NCIS crew...lol (And I could have since 7 were roos....lol)  But as they were hatched they kinda came with their own names....lol  I did name one silkie roo Gibbs...but he went w/the other 4 roos....lol

I usually wait until they hatch but sometimes I am overly eager!

Here are the chicks!

Some of you might find this interesting too:

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/958772/slow-developing-chick-could-it-decifer-his-her-gender layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED]

All these chick pics are so adorable! I'm getting nervous about mine since they're due to hatch by next Sunday. I can't believe it's happening so soon!

Back
Top Bottom