Breeding Buff Leghorns

Nice to read this.I am glad Ann still has these.I have bred the tinted egg out of my line now as I had many to select from .I would caution getting the birds and eggs too small.I also do not want them too short legged or fluffy. I do not like the huge floppy comb,but in the females I have most fold over and rarely stand erect. I am amazed that after all these years the Buff Leghorns are still fair layers and have a good feed ratio .Good luck with the Buffs and keep breeding them. Dan Honour

Nice to read this.I am glad Ann still has these.I have bred the tinted egg out of my line now as I had many to select from .I would caution getting the birds and eggs too small.I also do not want them too short legged or fluffy. I do not like the huge floppy comb,but in the females I have most fold over and rarely stand erect. I am amazed that after all these years the Buff Leghorns are still fair layers and have a good feed ratio .Good luck with the Buffs and keep breeding them. Dan Honour
I need some of your "Fair layer and... good feed ratio" birds!! My flock of 9 haven't laid an egg yet this year!!! And they're all over 8 months old, at least!

Chickenboy 100,Something is wrong,even the poorest should be laying sometimes at 8 months.Are they on a good layer or breeder ration?Good lights,clean windows,?Are they healthy? What about egg eating?

Chickenboy 100,Something is wrong,even the poorest should be laying sometimes at 8 months.Are they on a good layer or breeder ration?Good lights,clean windows,?Are they healthy? What about egg eating?
They are now getting good layer feed, I am getting it under conrtrol, thank you, but I got it figured out, I was just remarking on how bad they where doing on the old feed.

Quote:
clap.gif
NICE!!
Any pictures?

Back
Top Bottom