Breeding button Quail

DaKid

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Berkley , Ma.
Ok I have a bunch of new hatch button quails which have started laying eggs , some I purchase as 'EURO' TUXEDO BUTTON QUAIL and the other batch where
Which end up as ODD COLOR SHADES OF QUAIL ----The AUCTION STATED IS SPECIFIC FOR EGGS TAKEN FROM BONDED EUROPEAN PAIRS ~ THESE EGGS WILL INCLUDE EGSS FROM 'TUX' PAIRS THAT ARE BLACK OVER WHITE, SILVER/GRAY OVER WHITE, FAWN OVER WHITE, AND BROWN OVER WHITE ~. THE EUROPEAN 'TUX' PIEDS ARE PROBABLY THE MOST RARE AND DESIRED OF ALL OF THE EUROPEAN BUTTON QUAIL. FEW ACTUALLY HAVE THEM; ANYWAY I ALSO END Up GETTING A BATCH FROM ANOTHER BREEDER WHICH CLAIM TO HAVE Silver Chinese Painted Button Quail AND THEN THE LAST BREEDER SAID THEY HAD BLUE FACE BUTTON QUAIL ;;

OK MY QUESTION IS THIS ; if I pair or trio or go with 3 to 1 ratio , take for pen one and I place the 3 female silver blue /gray female with a silver blue /gray male would the offspring be more Silver/blue or a 50-50 % mixture of all color due to there breeding true or not .

Also If I was to breed Tux Pieds male and female would there off-spring be true or at lease a 50-50%

What I really trying to saying is there anyway to get a 75 -90 % of true color button quail like you would get from say chickens or turkeys

If not then I Won’t be wasting my time into separating differ color quail patterns together to get a true color of off-springs and just place a few female 's to a male ratio in seperate cages at hopefully end up with a pot luck batch of colorfully button quail to sell

Thanks Alan

PS; I'll try to post some pic.'s of my button's 2morrow on the different colors . also I SEEM TO SEE THAT TH

E MALE'S HAVE THAT WHITE MARKING ON THE FACE /CHIN AREA AND MOST FEMALE DON'T HAVE IT

Last edited:
ANY ONE
BUMP
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom