Breeding charts

SO, I'm sorry if I'm not explaining myself thoroughly enough. I had chickens growing up but just for our own families egg consumption and never got into breeding/selling. I'm wanting to breed and sell pretty silkie chicks to my community. Not really looking to go to the extent of expecting my silkies to be show quality, but as true and close as I can without having to go ALL OUT. I also have Lavender Orpingtons that I am going to sell their chicks and an assortment of Polish that I want to sell their chicks. And I also have 5 Silver laced Wyandotts. I have no clue how well I can do selling chicks where I live or what prices to set. I just have google to go off of and knowing how much work that I have put into raising these chicks so I have an idea of how much I would LIKE to get for them. I live in Southern California and my husband and I and our 6 kids just built an awesome coop! Like, its nicer than out house. LOL! The silkies are 8 weeks old. I have 3 hens that are 3years old and all of my other chickens are 16 weeks. I am NOT very techy and all of the genetics acronyms and science-y stuff is scaring me! Ha ha! Thanks so much for all of your help!
silkies.jpg

Back
Top Bottom