Breeding Cornish rock crosses

Dwayne_TheRock

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2023
I'm looking to breed an Indian game Rooster over white plymouth rocks to get the cornish rock. I've looked for information on this but nothings coming up, has anyone done this or know some sources? I'm fairly sure this will work but don't want to wast my time on something that won't go to plan. Thanks!

The Cornish Cross are really not crosses between Cornish and Rocks. They have Cornish and Rock ancestry but their parents and grandparents and so on are all their own thing and have been extensively bred for their fast growth for at least half a century. These genetics are heavily protected so it is impossible to compete with “Big Chicken” by creating your own broilers. Crossing Cornish and Rocks will get you birds that mature at roughly the same speed as their parents.

The Cornish Cross are really not crosses between Cornish and Rocks. They have Cornish and Rock ancestry but their parents and grandparents and so on are all their own thing and have been extensively bred for their fast growth for at least half a century. These genetics are heavily protected so it is impossible to compete with “Big Chicken” by creating your own broilers. Crossing Cornish and Rocks will get you birds that mature at roughly the same speed as their parents.
Thanks for clearing it up :) If thats the case then I'll have to make some comparisons between the meat breeds, I'll have a go for fun tho👍

Back
Top Bottom