Breeding different breeds of bantams?

haley3k1

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 18, 2014
So I have multiple breeds of bantams that i got from tractor supply (i'm thinking they're creole english game, frizzle, cochins, and silver sebright). I was wondering, since they are different genders, is it ok if they breed? I'm obviously new to chickens and have a few questions. I'm sure different breeds of bantams can successfully breed right? I know its not a smart idea to breed two dominant frizzles together but are there any risks with interbreeding any other bantam breeds? I don't plan on separating them so I assume different breeds mating will just happen naturally. And if they do happen to have chicks how much could i sell them for and what breed should i label them as? Thanks in advanced for your answers!

Yes it's fine. LOL Bantams and large fowl even breed together. Different breeds work, they're all chickens. You just can't sell chicks as purebred is all.

BTW

welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

Sorry. Didn't answer the rest of your question. If they are mixed breeds, you sell them as mixed breeds. You'll get about what you paid for your chicks. Feed store chicks are hatchery chicks. They're bred for production and most time aren't near close to being a good specimen of their breeds. If you find you love chickens and want to try and maybe make some money back to help with their costs, you should research the breeds you fine are your favorites and buy from a breeder. I can tell you that raising chickens can be addicting. Chicken math!. I have had many breeds and started over with new breeds when I moved to this house. I still have 16 breeds. LOL

You'll find a lot of help here, so enjoy the site and I hope you can get some answers that help.

Back
Top Bottom