Breeding Easter Eggers

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to also say thanks to Ridgerunner for the wonderfully informative post! This is exactly the information I was looking for because we are wanting to hatch some of our EE's eggs!

I do have one more question that wasn't covered when the blue egg laying chances were being discussed. My question isn't about the blue egg-laying, it is about passing on the other EE traits to the offspring. If our EE hens are fertilized by a non EE roo, what percentage (if not all) of her offspring will have the EE traits, like the fluffy cheeks, etc?

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to also say thanks to Ridgerunner for the wonderfully informative post! This is exactly the information I was looking for because we are wanting to hatch some of our EE's eggs!

I do have one more question that wasn't covered when the blue egg laying chances were being discussed. My question isn't about the blue egg-laying, it is about passing on the other EE traits to the offspring. If our EE hens are fertilized by a non EE roo, what percentage (if not all) of her offspring will have the EE traits, like the fluffy cheeks, etc?

There are a few breeds out there that have the fluffy cheeks so if you are using one of them as your rooster you could still have fluffy cheeks.
Personally, I love the colored egg shells and that's what I would be wanting.

CG

I'm still working on the Araucana and Jersey Giant Crossbreeds, We've got huge Lavender/Grey Hens laying huge green eggs, but am crossing one with a lavender Jersey Giant Roo, Not sure they'll maintain their green eggs, but am hopeful!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom