Breeding Easter Eggers

What's amazing is these have laid all winter long, some huge green eggs!! Our Red Stars stopped for about 2 months and went through a complete mote, but these just kept on going, and still are, and have not really gone broody, they may act like they are, and after a couple days they go back to laying. So, needless to say we're very impressed with them!!

I don't know very much about this breed, but what I want to know is if you can x-breed two different color variations. Is there even specific color variations this breed is recognized under? For example, mottled, buff, white, etc.? And could you breed a rooster that's a different color then the hen together and it could still be "recognized"? I'm thinking about getting a few of these chickens, my friend has a few and I think they are very cute, I also like their eggs.

Easter Egger are not a breed according to the APA. They are just basically a landrace. So yes you can breeding any color to any color and get any color and be okay. You can basically make your own standard fir them.

Back
Top Bottom