Breeding flock Holderread magpies

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by iamcuriositycat, Nov 12, 2011.

1. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Breeding quad (1 blue drake, 3 black hens, will throw both black and blue babies), rare magpie ducks, $45 for the group (reduced for winter).

These are stunningly beautiful birds, ideal as foundation stock for breeding. Very high quality, these birds come from the premier duck breeder in the U.S., Dave Holderread (www.holderreadwaterfowlfarm.org). These beauties hatched last year and were featured in an article in the March/April issue of Grit magazine, which is available online here: http://www.grit.com/animals/livestock/raising-ducks.aspx (click on "Image gallery" on the front page to see all the photos).

Outstanding deal, as I've reduced the price for winter. You would be hard-pressed to buy ducklings for this price, let alone mature ready-to-breed flock of this quality. I'm downsizing my flock to only one breed--it's hard to let them go, but I hope they'll find a wonderful new home that will have the time and interest to develop them as breeding stock.

They must stay together and must go to a good home. Basic care expected includes adequate shelter, high quality food, access to bathing water (a kiddie pool is fine), and protection from predators. Free range during the day is great, or at least plenty of room to stretch their legs. Please include a description of the life they can expect with you, along with your request and any questions you may have. There is an application process.

Pick-up only in Southwest Charlotte, near Hwy 485 between Hwy 85 and Hwy 77 (convenient to all three Interstates). Google Byrum Drive, Charlotte NC for approximate location.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Wish I was closer! LOVE the marking on those ducks!
    [​IMG]

3. kimfeatherfriends123

kimfeatherfriends123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2010
    boonville, in
    awe i love ducks....nice pic...wish I was closer. Bahh

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by