Breeding for lavender

DesertGal

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 1, 2012
I live in Arizona and I found out about lavender orpingtons when I visited North Carolina and fell in love with them! There are hardly any out here and I was lucky to find a trio in Tucson. The lady I bought them from got the eggs on e-Bay but could not remember the name of the hatchery, only that it is a big hatchery in the Carolinas. These poor birds are in bad shape. Very thin from being in the Tucson heat all summer and they have not been on good feed. The rooster has some yellowing over the wings and on his hackles on the front of the neck. Otherwise their coloring seems to meet the standard. Could the yellow be worsened by too much sun? Do I need to breed to another color to perpetuate the lavender?
Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you, I was on that thread when I posted this and by the time I started a new account ended up starting a new thread and now don't have any idea how to get back to the lavender orpington thread. Don't know how I found it in the first place!

At the top of the page where it says Search Discussions, Reviews, Articles,&more! type: Lavender Orpington project.... just like I typed it even the ...."s. The very 1st one to come up is the thread you want. I have Lavender Orp's, but don't know diddly on genetics. Good Luck!!

Back
Top Bottom